- Ultrasensitive qualitative detection of baboon
endogenous virus by real time polymerase chain
- Help confirm the disease causing agent
- Help ensure that animal colonies are free of
- Early prevention of spread of this virus
among a colony
- Minimize personnel exposure to this virus
- Safety monitoring of biological products
and vaccines that derive from primates
Specimen requirement: 0.2 ml
whole blood in EDTA (purple top) or ACD (yellow top) tube.
Contact Zoologix if advice is needed to determine an appropriate specimen type for a specific diagnostic application. For specimen types not listed here, please contact Zoologix to confirm specimen acceptability and shipping instructions.
For all specimen types, if there will be a
delay in shipping, or during very warm weather, refrigerate
specimens until shipped and ship with a cold pack unless more
stringent shipping requirements are specified. Frozen
specimens should be shipped so as to remain frozen in transit.
See shipping instructions for
Turnaround time: 2 business
real time PCR
Normal range: Nondetected