With Zoologix DRY CARDS you can send dried liquid samples to
Zoologix in an envelope
Zoologix offers dry card PCR
for liquid sample types like blood, cerebrospinal fluid and semen.
A small amount of the sample fluid is spotted onto the surface of
our special dry card according to the instructions on the
back of the card and allowed to dry completely. The card is then sealed
inside its pouch and mailed to Zoologix.
Dry cards work especially well for international
handling of diagnostic specimens because...
- Liquid samples are perishable, but dry card samples
remain stable for weeks at room temperature.
- Liquid sample tubes are delicate, but dry card samples
- Liquid samples are bulky and heavy, but dry card
samples are flat and light.
- Liquid samples often need costly packing and special handling, but
dry card samples ship in an envelope.
- Liquid samples can be infectious, but dry cards render
most pathogens non-infectious for greater safety in transit.
- PCR tests from liquid samples are highly sensitive, specific
and fast. PCR tests from liquid samples dried onto dry cards are, too!
Email Zoologix if you wish to use our dry cards. We charge a small deposit per card
when we send them to you, which is credited back to you when the cards
are returned to Zoologix for
Dry card sample collection instructions:
1. Never touch inside of card or inside of flap.
2. Lift flap only when sample is ready to apply.
3. Spot sample inside circle. For blood or other liquid samples,
apply sample until circle is full, but do not apply more sample than
the paper can absorb. For swab samples, collect with a dry, sterile
swab, then immediately rub swab firmly inside circle to transfer as
much material as possible to paper. Do not re-use the swab after it
touches the card. Use
multiple swabs if necessary to obtain adequate volume of sample to
4. Allow paper to dry completely, >1 hour, depending on humidity.
Do not use heat to dry. Keep contaminants away.
5. When dry, close flap. Write sample information in space
provided. Send to Zoologix.